Saturday, June 8, 2013

Resort Hopping

On Thursday we decided to go resort hopping after our visit to Hollywood Studios.

We went to the Transportation and Ticket Center because the bus line was shorter and we wanted to ride the monorail to the resorts. Unfortunately when we got there the monorail was down so we decided to take the ferryboat.

IMG_0968

Apparently, so did everyone else. So we had to decide to wait it out or walk. Since Kristen has a thing against lines for ferryboats (because of this) we went on foot.

IMG_0969

The Polynesian is only a short walk from the Transportation and Ticket Center, maybe only 300m. It wasn’t much of a walk at all.

IMG_0970

This is one of three resorts that are on the monorail line. They’re quite expensive, but also quite neat.

IMG_0973

My only experience with the Polynesian is seeing it on the monorail stop on the way to MK. Apparently I’ve been missing out.

IMG_0975

Nice view with the Grand Floridian in the background.

IMG_0976

This is the inside of the lobby. It’s amazing. This is one of the original hotels that opened in 1971 when WDW opened.

IMG_0978

I just love riding the monorail.

IMG_0979

This place is fancy. Kristen said it even smelled expensive.

IMG_0982

We both agree that we would need to wear formal attire if we ever stayed here. It’s definitely not a laid back kind of place.

IMG_0983

IMG_0984

Neat elevator.

IMG_0986

We didn’t walk around the grounds, but I imagine they’re quite nice.

IMG_0987

Not the best looking couch I’ve ever seen.

IMG_0988

In the back you can see some of the employees coming to tell us we don’t look like we belong.

IMG_0992

Sweet.

IMG_0997

Here is the inside of the Contemporary. It opened along with park like the Polynesian and is where I stayed the first two times I went to WDW. The monorail actually goes through the middle of the hotel.

IMG_1000

This is where they have character meals. They’re quite expensive.

IMG_1001

The topiaries at WDW are as amazing as they are numerous.

IMG_1004

They had ping pong next to the pool. We played a quick game before we left.

IMG_1006

I remember sitting in this when I was at WDW 20 years ago. I’ll see if I can find the older picture and post it when I have the chance.

IMG_1007

No comments: